Volunteer Coordinator – part time unpaid
Northwest Film Forum seeks an outgoing, responsible and detail-oriented Volunteer Coordinator. The volunteer coordinator is the liaison between the intern and volunteer corps at the organization and the staff. The volunteer coordinator works with the administrative and events staff to fill volunteer positions (administrative support, box office and concessionaires, projectionists, internships, film production, special events, work parties and the street team). Tasks include:
– interviewing and orienting new volunteers and providing them with basic training
– assigning qualified volunteers to the position of greatest use and personal reward
– maintaining ongoing contact with current volunteers and keeping all positions filled
– posting calls for volunteers and interns as needed
– regular email correspondence with volunteers and those interested in volunteering
– keeping volunteer contact information updated in organization’s database
– calling and facilitating quarterly volunteer meetings
This position is 6-8 hours per week and is unpaid. Some hours can be worked from home but a regular shift in the NWFF office is flexible but required. Northwest Film Forum requests a commitment to the position of at least one year.
Job perks include unlimited free movie screenings at the Film Forum and $5 for every hour worked toward workshops and equipment rentals.
Applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwest Film Forum is Seattle’s premier film arts organization, screening over 200 independently made and classic films annually, offering a year-round schedule of filmmaking classes for all ages, and supporting filmmakers at all stages of their careers. NWFF brings together a community of individuals dedicated to great film in Seattle and beyond. You can learn more at http://www.nwfilmforum.org/