This just in!
*** Learn more at http://pnw.filmfinancing.org/082410i ***
The Institute for Int’l Film Financing (IIFF) continues its popular Seattle events with a unique FILM FINANCING TOWNHALL on the 24th. Join us for this unprecedented get-together of FILM & FINANCE professionals. For more details go to –
This one-of-a-kind meeting features HIGHLY EDUCATIONAL TALKS by distinguished leaders in their fields:
1) “APPROACHING ANGELS & OTHER INVESTORS: Appealing to People, Not Banks” — by JONATHAN ZINSMEYER, Venture capitalist & angel investor relations & marketability specialist with aptitude for capital raising; extensive & diverse network of investors; 30 years experience in angel investing; fmr. CEO at The Big Print & Vinyl Solutions with clients including NASA, Boeing, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, Starbucks, Apple, Microsoft, The Gap; etc.
2) “THE INTERPLAY BETWEEN TECH & MEDIA: A Symbiotic Relationship” — by ALEX KNIGHT, CEO at strategic advisory firm EDGE Labs; tech & media cross-collaboration visionary with 20+ years experience; helped manage $5B+ as Portfolio Manager at Intellectual Ventures; fmr. Managing Director at $1B+ seed & early-stage VC fund ARCH Venture Partners; fmr. Microsoft & Apple exec; speaker at Harvard Business School & Cannes Film Festival; etc.
3) “BROADCAST MEDIA & TV: The Crucial Issue of Network Involvement” — by MATT CHAN, President & General Manager at Screaming Flea Productions; broadcast media expert & TV programming guru with 11+ years producing experience; created programming for 16+ networks including “Sell This House,” “$100 Makeover,” “Three Sheets,” “Biographies” & “Hoarders”; fmr. editor, producer & director for many popular news stations around US; etc.
4) “SECRETS TO SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS PLANS & Finding Representation” — by SIRPA NELSON, Independent Literary Manager & Founder at The Bliss Engine; works with & reps acclaimed writer Alex Besher; fmr. assistant to top Hollywood agent Ari Emmanuel; fmr. Literary Agent at Jim Preminger Agency; Production Manager on Bill Cosby doc “Ennis’ Gift”; produced & shot UN Award winner “Wrappings”; founded Cinefemme & curated Eco-Femme film fest; etc.
5) “SEATTLE’S FILM & MEDIA SCENE: Thoughts From The Film Guy” — by WARREN ETHEREDGE (a.k.a. The Film Guy), Media socialite, interviewer, film analyst, writer & mentor to screenwriters; Founder of The Warren Report, show with 1000+ guests to date including Oliver Stone & Salman Rushie; fmr. Curator at 1 Reel Film Festival (at Bumbershoot); founding faculty member at TheFilmSchool; wrote numerous plays, books, short films & articles, etc.
6) “LEGAL ISSUES IN FILM & MEDIA: Proper Due Diligence More Important Than Ever” — by KRAIG BAKER, Partner at law firm David, Wright & Tremaine & Chair of Technology, e-Business & Digital Media practice; seasoned attorney focusing on digital media & entertainment; clients include Comcast, Comedy Central, Discovery, E!, Microsoft, Nintendo, TMZ.com & Washington Filmworks; Adjunct Prof. (Digital Media) at University of Washington, etc.
7) “TRANSMEDIA: What It Is & Why It’s Important to Know” — by MATT MCCLOSKEY, Sr. Director of Business Development & Strategy at Microsoft, working in video game division; member of new 343 Industries team, which manages enormously successful, transmedia-pioneering Halo franchise; before worked in J. Allard’s studio, managed Xbox finance & strategy, handled relationships with video game publishers like EA, Take-Two & Square Enix; etc.
IIFF’s friends at Victory Studios are hosting again:
Seattle Film Financing Townhall
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
7 PM – 10 PM
2247 15th Avenue West
Seattle, WA 98119
LOW-COST TICKETS are available at –
We would be DELIGHTED to welcome you on Tuesday night. Please help spread the word.
Your Friends at IIFF
P.S.: Submit your latest movie project to FilmAngels [http://filmangels.info] by bringing a summary on 8/24!